This collection was donated to the Bloomfeild Historical Society and the Bloomfield Township Public Library by Nancy Newcom Porter. It includes material related principally to Nancy Newcomb Porter and her grandfater, Cyrenius Adelbert Newcome, Jr. (CAN Jr.). CAN, Jr. was a partner with his father and others in the Newcomb Endicott Co. store (founded in 1868), a founding trustee of Cranbrook Institute of Science and president of the board (1934-1946). He built the Bloomfield Township estate called 'Junipers' (later home to Echo Park School). The extensive property on Echo Road at Long Lake included what is now the Bloomfield Hills High School site. The Newcombs were related through marriage to the Geaorge Booth family and some material in the collection reflects this relationship. Nancy Porter lived for more than 40 years at Wing Lake Shores.